Training, Education and Mobility
The Laserlab partner laboratories are actively engaged in the training and education of young researchers in all fields of laser science. Laserlab thus wants to contribute to the increasing challenge of securing a highly qualified workforce for optics and photonics and the related industry. Please find here current opportunities for:
- ATTOFEL: Ultrafast Dynamics using ATTOsecond and XUV Free Electron Laser Sources
- LA³-NET: LAsers for Applications at Accelerator facilities NETwork
- CORINF: Correlated Multielectron Dynamics in Intense Light Fields
- EXTATIC: Erasmus Mundus Doctoral Programme in Extreme Ultraviolet and X-Ray Science
Applications for the EXTATIC Programme 2014 are now being accepted. Deadline: January 16th 2014
- MSc Course Optics in Science and Technology (OpSciTech)
- EUROPHOTONICS: Master Course and Joint Doctorate in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics.
- , Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear (IPFN), Lisbon, Portugal
Scholarships are available for successful applicants of all nationalities for a period of four years. Start of program: January 2015. Application deadline: July 15, 2014, 17h00 GMT
- Barcelona Master in Photonics (three universities in Barcelona: UPC, UB and UAB, and the Institute of Photonic Sciences, ICFO) >> watch the video!
- Research School of Advanced Photon Science (RS-APS) at the Helmholtz Institute Jena
- The International Max Planck Research School of Advanced Photon Science (IMPRS-APS)
Summer schools 2014
- Frontiers in Neurophotonics: an International Summer School on Advanced Optical Imaging and Photoactivation Techniques, Quebec, QC, Canada, 2-12 June 2014
- XVth International Krutyn Summer School 2014
"Challenges to open up the new era of organic photonics and electronics from material to market - from Asian perspective",
Krutyn, Masurian Lake District, Poland, 8-14 June 2014
- 12th Kudowa Summer School "Towards Fusion Energy", Kudowa Zdroj, Poland, 9-13 June 2014
- Biophotonics and Imaging Graduate Summer School BIGSS, Galway, Ireland, 15-20 June 2014
- 3rd ESP PHOTOBIOLOGY SCHOOL, Brixen/Bressanone, Italy, 16-21 June 2014
- International School on Lasers in Materials Science, Venice, Italy, 13-20 July 2014 (>> Flyer)
- Lasers in Medicine and Life Sciences LAMELIS 2014, Advanced Summer School for Students in Medicine and Physic, Szeged, Hungary, 14-25 July 2014
- ELI Beamlines Summer School 2014 (ELISS 2014), Prague, Czech Republic, 24-29 August 2014
- XVIth International Krutyn Summer School 2014
"Lanthanide-based photonic materials and structures: breakthrough applications and cutting edge systems",
Krutyn, Masurian Lake District, Poland, 31 August - 6 September 2014
- LA3NET Advanced School on Laser Applications at Accelerators, Salamanca, Spain, 29 September - 3 October 2014
- Summer School for advanced X-ray spatial and temporal metrology, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 29 September - 2 October 2014,
together with COST action MP1203 on X-ray metrology
A list of European photonics study programmes and curricula offered throughout Europe is provided on the Photonics21 website.
On the Euraxess homepageyou will find research job vacancies throughout Europe as well as practical information about administrative and legal issues when moving from one country to another.