Training, Education and Mobility
The Laserlab partner laboratories are actively engaged in the training and education of young researchers in all fields of laser science. Laserlab thus wants to contribute to the increasing challenge of securing a highly qualified workforce for optics and photonics and the related industry. Please find here current opportunities for:
- ASPIRE: Angular Studies of Photoelectron in Innovative Research Environments
- MEDEA: Molecular Electron Dynamics investigated by IntensE Fields and Attosecond Pulses
- ATTOFEL: Ultrafast Dynamics using ATTOsecond and XUV Free Electron Laser Sources
- LA³-NET: LAsers for Applications at Accelerator facilities NETwork
- CORINF: Correlated Multielectron Dynamics in Intense Light Fields
- EXTATIC: Erasmus Mundus Doctoral Programme in Extreme Ultraviolet and X-Ray Science
Applications for the EXTATIC Programme 2014 are now being accepted. Deadline: January 16th 2014
- MSc Course Optics in Science and Technology (OpSciTech)
- EUROPHOTONICS: Master Course and Joint Doctorate in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics.
- , Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear (IPFN), Lisbon, Portugal
Scholarships are available for successful applicants of all nationalities for a period of four years. 2015 application deadline: June 7, 2015, 17h00 GMT
- Barcelona Master in Photonics (three universities in Barcelona: UPC, UB and UAB, and the Institute of Photonic Sciences, ICFO) >> watch the video!
- Research School of Advanced Photon Science (RS-APS) at the Helmholtz Institute Jena
- The International Max Planck Research School of Advanced Photon Science (IMPRS-APS)
Summer schools 2016
- Winter College on Optics: Optical Frequency Combs - from multispecies gas sensing to high precision interrogation of atomic and molecular targets, Trieste, Italy, 15-26 February 2016
- XIXth International Krutyn Summer School 2016 - Aggregation-Induced Emission: Phenomenon, Principle and Application, Krutyń, Masurian Lake District, Poland, 15-21 May 2016
- XXth International Krutyn Summer School 2016 - Advanced Perovskite, Hybrid and Thin-film Photovoltaics, Krutyń, Masurian Lake District, Poland, 12-18 June 2016
- Kudowa Summer School "Towards fusion energy", Kudowa-Zdrój, Poland, 13-17 June 2016
- Summer School 'Photonic Systems for Sensing and Metrology', St Andrews, UK, 25 June-1 July 2016
- International School on Lasers in Materials Science - SLIMS, Isola di San Servolo, Venice, Italy, 10-17 July 2016
- International Workshop on "Terahertz Science, Nanotechnologies and Applications", Erice (Sicily), Italy, 16-22 July 2016
- XXIth International Krutyn Summer School 2016 - Lanthanide-doped materials: Fabrication, spectroscopy, and their applications to lasers, Krutyń, Masurian Lake District, Poland, 4-10 September 2016
- Biophotonics and Imaging Graduate Summer School BIGSS, Galway, Ireland, 5-9 September 2016
- 2016 Laser Plasma Interactions and Applications (provisional title) (University of Strathclyde)
COST Actions are science and technology networks open to researchers and stakeholders. They offer a wide range of networking tools, such as workshops, conferences, training schools, short-term scientific missions (STSMs) and dissemination activities. Short-term scientific missions (STSM) are exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country. They are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants' institutions or laboratories. STSM are intended especially for young researchers.
A list of European photonics study programmes and curricula offered throughout Europe is provided on the Photonics21 website.
On the Euraxess homepageyou will find research job vacancies throughout Europe as well as practical information about administrative and legal issues when moving from one country to another.