Training, Education and Mobility
The Laserlab partner laboratories are actively engaged in the training and education of young researchers in all fields of laser science. Laserlab thus wants to contribute to the increasing challenge of securing a highly qualified workforce for optics and photonics and the related industry. Please find here current opportunities for:
- ICONIC: Imaging and CONtrol In Chemistry
- HARVEST: Control of Light Use Efficiency in Plants and Algae – from Light to Harvest
- FASTQUAST: Ultrafast control of quantum systems by strong laser fields
- ATTOFEL: Ultrafast Dynamics using ATTOsecond and XUV Free Electron Laser Sources
- CORINF: Correlated Multielectron Dynamics in Intense Light Fields
- MSc Course Optics in Science and Technology (OpSciTech)
- EUROPHOTONICS: Master Course and Joint Doctorate in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics.
- APPLAuSE: Advanced Program in Plasma Science and Engineering, Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear (IPFN), Lisbon, Portugal
Fellowships are available for successful applicants of all nationalities for a period of four years. Start of work program: January 2014. Application deadline: Monday September 30, 2013, 17h00 GMT
- Barcelona Master in Photonics (three universities in Barcelona: UPC, UB and UAB, and the Institute of Photonic Sciences, ICFO) >> watch the video!
- Research School of Advanced Photon Science (RS-APS) at the Helmholtz Institute Jena
- The International Max Planck Research School of Advanced Photon Science (IMPRS-APS)
Summer schools 2014
- 12th Kudowa Summer School "Towards Fusion Energy", Kudowa Zdroj, Poland, 9-13 June 2014
- ELI Beamlines Summer School 2014 (ELISS 2014), Prague, Czech Republic, 24-29 August 2014
Summer schools 2013
- 6th International Graduate Summer School: Biophotonics '13, Ven, Sweden, 8-15 June 2013
Focus: Optical methods and instruments based on light interacting with tissue as powerful techniques for bio-medical diagnostics, monitoring wide spectra of tissue function and pathology together with therapy.
- ELI Beamlines Summer School 2013 (ELISS 2013), Prague, Czech Republic, 23-28 June 2013
- Erice School 2013 - International School of Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy, Nano-Structures For Optics And Photonics, Erice, Italy, 4-19 July 2013
- 50th Culham Plasma Physics Summer School, Abingdon, UK, 15-26 July 2013
- International School of Quantum Electronics, 54th Course 'Atoms and Plasmas in Super-Intense Laser fields', Erice, Sicily, Italy, 21-31 July 2013
- International Photonics Summer School 'New Frontiers in Optical Technologies', Tampere, Finland, 5-9 August 2013
- Summer School in Non-linear ultrafast spectroscopy, Jyvaskyla, Finland, 12-16 August 2013
- International Summer School "Trends and new developments in Laser Technology 2013", Fraunhofer IWS Dresden, Germany, 26-30 August 2013
- 2nd Summer School 'Photonics meets Biology', Hersonissos, Crete, Greece, 30 September - 3 October 2013
A list of European photonics study programmes and curricula offered throughout Europe is provided on the Photonics21 website.
On the Euraxess homepageyou will find research job vacancies throughout Europe as well as practical information about administrative and legal issues when moving from one country to another.