Training, education and mobility
The Laserlab partner laboratories are actively engaged in the training and education of young researchers in all fields of laser science. Laserlab thus wants to contribute to the increasing challenge of securing a highly qualified workforce for optics and photonics and the related industry. Please find here current opportunities for:
- ICONIC: Imaging and CONtrol In Chemistry
- HARVEST: Control of Light Use Efficiency in Plants and Algae – from Light to Harvest
Ultrafast control of quantum systems
by strong laser fields
- ATTOFEL: Ultrafast Dynamics using ATTOsecond and XUV Free Electron Laser Sources
Correlated Multielectron Dynamics in Intense Light Fields
- MSc Course Optics in Science and Technology (OpSciTech)
- EUROPHOTONICS: Master Course and Joint Doctorate in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics.
- Barcelona Master in Photonics (three universities in Barcelona: UPC, UB and UAB, and the Institute of Photonic Sciences, ICFO) >> watch the video!
- Research School of Advanced Photon Science (RS-APS) at the Helmholtz Institute Jena
- The International Max Planck Research School of Advanced Photon Science (IMPRS-APS)
Summer schools 2013
- 6th International Graduate Summer School: Biophotonics '13, Ven,
Sweden, 8-15 June 2013
Focus: Optical methods and instruments based on light interacting with tissue as powerful techniques for bio-medical diagnostics, monitoring wide spectra of tissue function and pathology together with therapy.
- Erice School 2013 - International School of Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy, Nano-Structures For Optics And Photonics, Erice, Italy, 4-19 July 2013
- 50th Culham Plasma Physics Summer School, Abingdon, UK, 15-26 July 2013
- International School of Quantum Electronics, 54th Course 'Atoms and Plasmas in Super-Intense Laser fields', Erice, Sicily, Italy, 21-31 July 2013
- International Photonics Summer School 'New Frontiers in Optical Technologies', Tampere, Finland, 5-9 August 2013
- Summer School in Non-linear ultrafast spectroscopy, Jyvaskyla, Finland, 12-16 August 2013
- International Summer School "Trends and new developments in Laser Technology 2013", Fraunhofer IWS Dresden, Germany, 26-30 August 2013
- 2nd Summer School 'Photonics meets Biology', Hersonissos, Crete, Greece, 30 September - 3 October 2013
Summer schools 2012
- International Summer School " Trends and new developments in Laser Technology", Fraunhofer IWS Dresden, 27-31 August 2012
- 3rd Venice International School on Lasers in Materials Science, Venice, Italy, 8-15 July 2012
- STELLA School for Training in Experiments with Lasers and Laser Applications, Pavia, Italy, 18-29 June 2012
- Correlated Multielectron Dynamics in Intense Light Fields CORINF PhD
School, Dresden, Germany, 11-15 June 2012
- 11th Kudowa Summer School
"Towards Fusion Energy", Kudowa Zdroj, Poland, 11-15 June
- Tulip 2012 Summer
School on Modern Developments in Spectroscopy, 10-13 April
2012, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Regular summer school organized under the auspices of the European Science Foundation within the framework of the SILMI programme, and the Holland Research School of Molecular Chemistry (HRSMC)
- Training in Laser Plasma Short Wavelength (Soft X-rays and EUV)
Call for applications for short-term training visits at the Institute of Optoelectronics, MUT, Warsaw, Poland
>> Details on IOE webpage, go to 'Trainings'
- PYLA - Plateforme de
formation aux métiers du laser en environnement contrôlé
A list of European photonics study programmes and curricula offered throughout Europe is provided on the Photonics21 website.
On the Euraxess homepage you will find research job vacancies throughout Europe as well as practical information about administrative and legal issues when moving from one country to another.